SketchList 3D gives you a digital toolkit that saves time, enhances business, and empowers you to build smarter.
There are different types of woodworking software where you can spend hours modeling details such as contours or joinery. You can do that with a few clicks in SketchList. Not only can you create sketches, but you can also copy designs from project to project, making new models quick, easy, and accurate. Other features for woodworkers:
• Working with virtual 3D boards can replicate the methods and woodworking tools you use in the shop.
• Counters, joinery, and board shape are achieved with a mouse click.
• Instant visual feedback guides you through detailed design and precise CNC cutting.
• Dynamic material lists with precise measurements, textures, scale, and opacity are instantly created.
The Pros & Cons of this Woodworking Design Software
Wondering if SketchList is a good fit for you? There are some pros and cons you need to consider if you’re planning to start using a softwaretool for 3D modeling.”
- Easy to use.
- Reduces human error and labor costs.
- Speeds up production with accurate reporting.
- Integration: design, shop drawings, 3D images, optimized layouts.
- Requires a PC or Mac.
The Woodworking Design Software Professionals and Hobbyists Trust
Whether you’re a custom woodworking shop owner wanting to increase sales, a remodeling pro planning a job, or someone working with DIY hobby woodworking projects, SketchList 3D offers you a fast-learning, easy-to-use approach.
Introducing SketchList 3D Version 5 – Our Classic Woodworking Design Software Revamped
In March of 2021, we released our most user-friendly and intuitive software for woodworking iteration ever. We compiled years of feedback to pinpoint tangible improvement areas as we transformed the entire user experience – from the app’s opening to the final product’s completion. With SketchList 3D Version 5 you can expect
A complete user interfaceoverhaul, making the design, flow, and user experience more intuitive and consistent.
A streamlined user experience that allows you to produce projects more quickly and accurately than ever before.
More realistic project renderings, object visuals, illustrations, and project previews
Dynamic material lists with precise measurements, textures, scale, and opacity
SketchList 3D Version 5 also includes:
• Easy to use app navigation
• Fewer steps and forms to get to your final product quickly
• An improved templates library
• One-click object cloning and spacing
• Precise shape and object edition (add contours, holes, and lines)
• Prominent buttons and calls-to-action
• Hierarchy of elements to help naturally guide you through the flow
• Customizable interface, side panels, and project views
• Ability to import projects from V4
• Powerful and flexible updates to spreadsheets and input forms
• Designs that can be saved and reused in future projects
Discover What the Best Woodworking Software
Can Do for Your Business
CLOSE MORE DEALS
2D Drawingswith pencil and paper just doesn’t cut it anymore. Show you clients your vision in a realistic 3D mockup, and the project is as good as yours
AUTOMATE TEDIOUS WORK
With a few clicks, you can reproduce recurring design elements and generate wood cutting lists, shop drawings, and material layouts.
SAVE TIME & MONEY
Designing furniture and modeling unique, functional pieces is now faster and more affordable than you ever thought possible.
Make sure you’re on the same page as your clients from the get-go, and that your design fits the customer’s needs.
Start with the free version to optimize your work with the best modeling program package for hobbyists and professionals.
REVISE WITH EASE
After finishing a mockup, your customer will often have a much better idea of how the final project will look. If something in the plan needs to be changed, you can do so with minimal effort.
Simple Woodworking Program
Use SketchList 3D to model everything from full kitchens and offices to entertainment centers, display cases, cabinets, beds, and drawers.
- Contours, joinery, shaping, doors, drawers, and cabinets can be added with a few mouse clicks.
- 3D boards make modeling feel like working in the shop.
- Drag and snap features help cut proposal time and ensure accurate placement of adjoining objects every time.
- Import any photo to incorporate diverse wood species, colors, and grains in your designs.
- Photorealistic 3D designs wow clients, family, and friends before you even start building.
- Instant updates make collaboration with clients fast and easy and minimize tedious back-and-forth revisions.
- Integrated reporting ensures that project changes are reflected in all reports instantaneously.
- Automated material costing helps you make accurate bids.
- Automated ordering reports tell you how much lumber (or sheet material) to buy before you start and eliminate “oh no!” cutting errors with CNC machines.
- Layout optimization reduces scrap and trims material costs.
- Metric and imperial options allow you to work in either measurement systems.
To take advantage of our time-saving reporting and export design features, make sure to download SketchList 3D Pro
How to Design, Plan & Build Projects
Discover how SketchList 3D works in action! In this online video, Dave Rozewski explains the basics of building cabinets with our unique kitchen woodworking project software.
What Sets Us Apart from Other Programs or Design Software?
See your models transform as you move components, insert joinery, and add contours and grains – just like it does in the shop. With a simple learning curve, creating a 3D design or a CAD/CAM model has never been easier!
Design and build your own furniture, customize DIY woodworking plans, master how to build kitchen cabinets, and so much more – all with one simple program.
Design every detail down to 1/64 inch or 1 mm, with equally detailed parts and cut lists. Automated snap placement butts boards together precisely.
Unlike traditional CAD programs, SketchList 3D’s fast learning curve and client-friendly features start saving you time and money almost immediately
What software do furniture designers use?
There are many furniture design software options available nowadays. You can choose from free and limited programs to expensive and highly sophisticated tools. SketchList 3D combines ease-of-use with reasonable pricing. You can choose the Pro or Hobby Version.
How do you make a woodworking plan?
After installing your free trial of SketchList 3D, start thinking about the size of your project. The size may be different depending on if you’re designing a piece of furniture or a house. Then, start inserting assemblies to your project box.
How to draw woodworking plans?
Using SketchList 3D, you can build virtual plans of woodworking projects easily. With measurements of your project in hand, you can create in virtual as if you were in your workshop.